CDI Completes Visalia Plant Expansion
September 16, 2015
VISALIA, Calif. — California Dairies, Inc. (CDI), the largest dairy processing cooperative in California, is pleased to announce it has commissioned a new evaporator at its Visalia, California plant. The addition of a third evaporator at the Visalia plant moves CDI’s export powder portfolio up the value chain in to higher specification powders.
The additional evaporator provides CDI the ability to produce low-spore nonfat dry milk and skim milk powder, in addition to high heat, heat stable and low-spore milk powders for UHT application. The expansion and enhancement of its assets and product offerings not only enables CDI to meet its customer needs for value-added milk powders, but also increases CDI presence in the global marketplace.
“Striving to be a global market leader that produces the value-added and specialty dairy products the world prefers, CDI has positioned itself so that its assets and its capabilities align to produce the products the world market demands,” said Andrei Mikhalevsky, president and CEO.
About California Dairies, Inc.
California Dairies, Inc. is the largest member-owned milk marketing and processing cooperative in California producing 43 percent of California’s milk. Co-owned by more than 410 dairy producers who ship 18 billion pounds of Real California Milk annually, California Dairies, Inc. is a manufacturer of quality butter, fluid milk products and milk powders. In addition, California Dairies, Inc. is the home of two leading and well-respected brands of butter – Challenge and Danish Creamery. California Dairies’ quality dairy products are available in all 50 United States and in more than 50 foreign countries.
Recent Press Releases
- California Dairies, Inc. Appoints Brad Anderson as Chief Operating Officer
- California Dairies, Inc., Dairy Farmers of America and Land O’Lakes, Inc. Announce Unified Support of the California Federal Milk Marketing Order
- CALIFORNIA DAIRIES, INC. ANNOUNCES CLOSURE OF ITS LOS BANOS MANUFACTURING FACILITY
- California Dairies, Inc. Appoints Van Kramer as Chief Financial Officer
- Rob Vandenheuvel Joins Senior Management Team at California Dairies, Inc.